So I wrote my epistle, peppered it well with, well, English, and sent it off to the dean of my college, the chair of the English department, the professor of the class, and my advisor, plus her superior. Go big or go home, right?
I went to my extremely stupid cultural diversity class, went to the bookstore to buy books for English (of course I only bought the ones that I wanted to read, not the dumb ones like How to Write Good, and went off to class. When I walked in the professor was calling roll (I like to make an entrance when I'm feeling condescending) and he said, "Are you So and So?" I was all "Yeah, wanna take it outside?" He said, "I have an official paper from you stating that you do not have to take this class. Be sure to drop it officially." I totally did a crouch down, fist pump "Yessssss!" and then after taking my liberation document, headed for the door, only pausing for a quick superstar. Then I went back to the book store and stuck it to the man by returning books. Ha!
It's probably one of my favorite things that has happened to me in my whole life. Triumph plus aerated letter writing--it doesn't get much better for me. A sandwich would just round out the day so nicely but that's not on.
2 comments:
Awesome!! So glad you'll be free of English 102 -- if only the same could be said for nursing diversity . . .
Right on. Maybe if I show up one day wearing traditional clothing or something. Or if I demonstrate linguistic awareness.
Post a Comment