Our bus left the hotel to the stadium at 8 a.m. Weigh ins and medical exams were not until 4 p.m. So we hopped the bus (which was free because we are wearing pankration badges) and checked out the downtown of Siuliai, mainly walking in this pedestrian mall area and visiting some fountains and churches. Cool city. Anyway, we all wanted to walk around because most of us were just above weight. At this point I was 65.95 kilos, even in bra and undies. Trouble because I had to be 65. So no eating or drinking all day (hey, it is Ramadan). We headed back and I planned for stripping at weigh in. It was supposed to be segregated into men/women's rooms. Not the case. Tight undies guy started us off, then they started calling us back, door wide open. When they called me I told my coach that the room would have to be cleared because I was peeling. He had me hop on the scale first, and lo and behold, I was at 64.95, pants and all. Rock on, sweaty walking day.
The stadium is incredible, iridescent and industrial-funky. They are actually building a platform/indentation for a sand ring for beach wrestling. There's a restaurant upstairs for athletes overlooking the stadium floor. Food was very dill-y. I like dill so that works for me. Also it was my first carbs probably for years. Opening ceremonies are tomorrow night; media coverage is mainly going to be Saturday because Friday is prelims.
Tired and going to bed now; wake up call at 6.30. Love to all from Lithuania.
No comments:
Post a Comment