Friday, September 11, 2009

Insania in Lithuania

As it turns out, I am now the world champion in women's pankration fighting in the 65 kg division. I was on the jumbotron and everything. I'm kind of a badass, I guess. Tomorrow I have two more events and I'm hoping for maybe a hat trick, but that could be overreaching a bit. Today I saw so many more teams--Iran, Pakistan, Korea, Lithuania, Greece, France, Italy, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Russia, Portugal, Poland, Sweden, Croatia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Latvia, Germany. It's seriously just a cool, cool experience. We found some time to go to one of the top ten creepiest places in the world, which was amazing. We headed back to our hotel for some interesting dinners; I had chicken in pancakes. Very good, actually, more like a crepe. 

Team is waiting for sauna time--rough day for all of us. Looks like Team USA is in a good position to take gold. 

4 comments:

Matt said...

Way to cap off that montage. Congratulations!!

Sara said...

I'm so proud of you! Another physical challenge to add to the list. It's downhill from here - soon you can go back to devouring all the foods you miss.

Kristin said...

WOW_-I am totally impressed and I hope you are enjoying the experience. That is great!!!

Kelly said...

Awesome, congratulations! Hope you're having a great time and eating lots.