Sat through growth and development class, waiting for some knowledge to come my way. Two hour class, no knowledge. And when the prof asked what a teratogen was, some ass corn in the back actually raised her hand to say, "Um, it's like something bad, that can be bad for you." I spent a moment (after laughing out loud, of course) wishing mightily that I could be in two places at once, one being right next to her punching her in the boob.
Then tonight, I had to write a reflective paragraph. And no, not reflective like angles of incidence, and Snell's law, which is actually more refractive. More like reflecting on oneself, and one's feelings of bias and prejudice. Because in cultural diversity class, you have to do that kind of shit. So I reflected right before I came here to my blog. So for sure now I'm all self-aware and my biases have been brought into the light. I reflected that, even though I'm sure she's a really good person inside, the girl who thinks teratogens are bad things that can be bad for you is totally someone against whom I have all kinds of bias. And prejudice, and probably even a little wrath. Maybe even ire.
Clearly I will be continuing any and all martial arts training, for the good of the world this semester. Because if I do not, and my smug rage builds up, it will reach a level that will cause a disaster of proportions heretofore unknown to personkind. I had to run 7 miles today just to be able to carry on after the Great Teratogen Idiocy of '09.
No comments:
Post a Comment