Friday, September 18, 2009

Anti Climax

Aaaaand I'm back at school. School is so much less fun that world championships. I keep looking for some kind of rumble, though. I'd like to beat up some of the fuckers in A&P lab, I'll tell you that. Give me back my transitional epithelium or pay the consequences, you know?

One thing I like to do at school is people watch and listen to conversations around me. I've discovered that I really like to live by the principle of not talking a whole lot, because a large portion of what people say is completely banal and maybe even inane. I don't agree with the accepted pronunciation of banal, by the way, so it was an internal struggle as to whether I should use it or not. I believe it shows flexibility and an ability to adapt that I chose to use it, though. Anyway, some of the conversations I hear really reinforce the non-talking rule. I think those silent monks are on to something, though I suspect they may be smugly and soundlessly laughing at the rest of the useless-talking world. And the other principle at play here is the excessive word usage theorem. I just overheard a girl telling her friends about how she was asked to be a lab assistant. Stop. End of story. But it took her about 16 paragraphs of self-indulgent narrative to arrive at that. That's just vocal masturbation. 







No comments: