Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crash

As it seems to happen every semester, I completely crash about two days after finals are over. My immune system craps out and whatever bugs are in my system have free reign and proliferate unchecked, rendering me horizontal and whiny. So I spent yesterday in bed, getting up only to pee and pick up the boys from school, and it looks like today will be about the same. It's all right, though, since I can pretty much guarantee that a day or two in bed rejuvenates my lymphocytes so they can go out and submit every last pathogen that is corrupting my body.

I made a smoothie this morning and stuffed it with even more spinach than usual in the hopes of turbocharging my immune systems with phytochemicals and other holistic botanical shit. I was reminded of last weekend when all the little boys of my college roommates were here. I made smoothies for those tiny tunas and one in particular really went to town. He is this little two-year-old with big, big brown eyes and he just drank the hell out of that smoothie. He got a smoothie mustache, a pretty severe one, and I couldn't stop cracking up when I looked at him. He looked like a fruit-covered tiny Iraqi.

No comments: