Friday, August 28, 2009

Fantastic Fan

So tonight is the American Idol Live concert here in my fair city by the lake. My kids got kind of involved in this last season of AI and really wanted to go. I was all,"meh", but then my mom got on board. And by on board, I mean went American Idol batshit crazy. We bought tickets.

My mom, for those of you who have not heard, is an enthusiastic person. And let me just say that I am using my inner Minnesotan when saying that. She certainly has a zest for life unequaled by any other members of the species, and lives in the now. Which is great! But a marked contrast to my own personal zest for life, which is of the more understated variety. Anyway, my mom went crazy for Danny Gokey (local guy) and even accosted him in one of his hometown visits. As in, edged out a bunch of squealing tweens to get her picture taken with him, and then maybe rubbed it in their faces a little bit. So she's pumped for tonight, and will listen to Adam Lambert sing "Mad World" probably 60 times on her drive here for extra inspiration.

I'm picturing tonight: My mom, dressed in a Go Go Gokey t-shirt, waving a banner or something, and screaming like the tween girls she so cavalierly displaced in the Danny Gokey Picture Incident of '09. Then later tonight, constant news coverage of Danny Gokey flailing, blundering, and falling offstage as tall panties hit him in the face, obscuring his vision and leading him to his first AI-related injury. And all the while, in the background, a wild screaming voice: "I haven't had this much fun since Elvisssss!"

4 comments:

Bonny said...

Seriously LOL - "inner Minnesotan" ;-)

susan said...

You know exactly what I meant, then. Okay then.

Sara said...

Tall panties. Hilarious. I can just picture Jane gone wild. I miss her!

susan said...

You know, leopard print tall undies are still tall undies. Just sayin'.