My all time favorite idea for a tattoo ever would be eye spots on one's shoulders. Especially if you were a really bad dork. Like if the popular people were picking on you and you just lifted up your shirt and exposed your shoulder blades, kind of crouching over. You'd be all trying to look bigger than you were, to scare the predatory mean people. That would just kill me. Hey, I think that's actually a Gary Larson Far Side cartoon. Couldn't find it, though, anyone? Anyone?
Another thing that would crack me up is if you tattooed internal organs on your thorax and abdomen. I would really enjoy going on a call, cutting open a patient's shirt, and finding a beautiful illustrated anatomy text right there. That would rock.
As it is, I have a very meaningful, awesome tattoo. Small daisy, right hip. I am just so glad that I realized at age 20 how important it would be to make sure I always remembered my general awesomeness at that age. And a daisy is probably the most meaningful, profound flower out there. So it's really good that I knew, at age 20, how deep and significant that tattoo would be to me, always. And the stretch mark right down the middle of it, from when I was pregnant and it grew to the size of a mutant sunflower, just adds to how much that daisy means to me.
Daisy--it says what I feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment