Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hey, it's my sister's birthday

My big sister is just a bit older today. She's pretty much a perfect big sister: caring, giving, and slightly bossy. Anyway, internets, she's the real deal, the cat's meow, and the bee's knees. Here's to my big sister (clink)!

One thing about my big sister's birthday is that it is also my ex-cousin-in-law's (seriously, such a long story) birthday. And every year on this day, I argue with him about how old he is. Here's the kicker: I'm right. You heard me correctly, folks. I am arguing with a person about how old he is on this day and I am right. This is where I point out one of the many crazy things about people from Syria. I can say that because I've assimilated into being half of one of them over a period of 13 years or so. And also because, as a group (ethnic or otherwise, like Trekkies or swing dancers), I love them dearly. So that means I get to say whatever I want. It's called street cred, people. 

No comments: