Monday, December 8, 2008

Decisions, decisions.

One of the things (as if I needed actual things; I can honestly procrastinate on my own steam for eons) that has held me back from blogging is all the decision making that goes along with it. Like the colors--as a synesthete (www.synesthete.org), that could affect my whole perception of myself and my words. And then there's audience--whom do I want to read this blog, and more importantly, whom do I most decidedly not want to find it? And then there's whom--did I just completely lose control of my pronouns? See, lots of decisions. 

So then on top of that, I have to decide about what I want to focus on. Do I want to bitch about things (totally satisfying, but kind of Andy Rooney-ish); do I want to document my fascinating life (narcissistically assuming anyone gives a shit); do I want to concentrate on a theme or purpose (like politics, because the world is currently without my insight); or do I just want to be another awesome, totally unique mom-blog?

Then I realized that it's my blog, and I can do whatever I want. Which means that I can do all of things, or not even one of them.  And since it's my very own blogarific bloglet, I have decided that the theme will be thus: my thoughts on whatever I'm thinking about.

No comments: