Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Countdown

So it's two more days till I weigh in. Notice that I'm more focused on that than saying it's three days till the competition. Clearly my priorities are in this order:

1) Eat sandwiches

2) Compete and kick asses

I totally own the fact that right now I'm fantasizing about sushi rather than the triumph of vanquishing my competitors. Maybe I should work on that. But I'm cutting it pretty close, weight-wise, and since there are only two categories this tournament, weighing in will be pretty instrumental to the vanquishing. Because above 135 includes all the weights up to infinity, which would be like grappling a neutron star or something and below 135 includes all the weights down to zero, which is totally a person I could beat. So I'm looking to maximize my odds. Anyway there's a good chance that it will be less vanquishing, more just subsistence grappling. Which is fine with me as it is my first tournament of the grapple.

My goals for this tournament are thus:

No crying
Initiate the grapple rather than have it initiated upon me
If executing submissions pay attention to style, i.e. cross side armbar vs. more boring armbar
If getting submitted stop it and use subsequent rage and humiliation to fuel awesomeness
Make competitors believe they are on Jupiter when I do knee-on-belly because Jupiter's gravity is 254% of Earth's, which means my KOB would be like Emily K's. Hers is sick.
When competitors secretly feel glad that I am a tall drink of water instead make them regret that they are grappling with ice. Stone cold.
Have at least one cool move per match to compensate for white belt.

I think that's a pretty good list, I know that SMART goals are the way to go but there's so much that's not quantifiable in the world. So instead of Measurable in the SMART goal, mine will have to be Prettyobvious. So that makes them SPART goals instead. Which sounds more badass and less like positive life strategies for high schoolers.

Two more items of note:

0) I recently executed 5 consecutive non-flailing pull ups. That means that I'm pretty much next in line to play GI Jane for the sequel, as soon as I get my one handed pushups and stunning beauty.

1) I got another perfect score on a nutrition exam which means that so far I have all the points one can have in this class. I may or may not secretly have a personal wish to complete the semester with 100% of all available points. No pressure, though.

No comments: