Holy Mary, Mother of God. A recent gym experience, and by recent I mean about 15 minutes ago whereupon I rushed home to blog it out. I'm still not okay:
There I was, the gym, 2010. I'm in the locker room, putting on pants. A girl walks by me to get to the locker two down from mine. She appears completely healthy, not disabled, and particular about her looks. I sit down to put on my socks and shoes, on the bench provided for such purposes. Out of the corner of my eye, because that is the only sanctioned way to look at others in locker rooms, I notice that she is sitting on the floor. I think to myself, "Hmmm, that's weird. No one really sits on the locker room floor." As I get up to grab my jacket, I take a closer look, risking the awkwardness of the direct stare. Right then she takes her swimsuit bottoms out from her gym bag, and puts them next to her. This is the moment where I notice that SHE IS NAKED FROM THE WAIST DOWN. This is usually not a caps-worthy, incredibly alarming situation, because locker rooms are full of nudity. I engage in it myself, often. But SHE IS SITTING ON THE FLOOR, WITH NOTHING ON HER NETHERS.
Oh my god. I'm hyperventilating. Her cooch was right on the locker room floor. Why in the fuck would you allow your cooch to be on such a pestilent offensive surface? I think the grossest thing I would ever allow my cooch to come in contact with would be, I don't know, nothing gross at all, ever? I had a moment where I considered the view that one's morals might compel one to casually point out the cooch violation, but honestly I was flustered in the extreme by the horror and did not feel I could step in as professionally as I would hope. I mean, I don't even think Herpie Julie from high school would be so undiscriminating, and she was quite free with her lady parts. This free-cooching foot germ disregarder, where is she going to stop after this? She could very well be on her way to vagging up a drinking fountain handle, or riding the subway pantsless. I'm picturing an intervention for her in the form of a SARS-like mask for her cooch.
It was all just very, very disturbing.
1 comment:
Ew! I am as apalled as you are. Nasty.
Post a Comment