Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Popeye Puree

One thing I'm obsessed with lately is the smoothie. Not just any smoothie, the green smoothie. I'm becoming a smoothie evangelist, in fact, because I think they're so awesome. Here's why:

1.) They taste probably as awesome as hard boiled eggs, or even maybe as awesome as something from the State Fair.

2.) Every time I make one I kind of stand there for a while admiring the color. I really like the color of them.

3.) My kids are slamming spinach like it's FunDip.

4.) Maybe it counts toward my water intake, and tastes much better than boring wet water.

So to make the smoothie, I stuff raw baby spinach leaves into the blender. Then I add some orange juice. Then I add banana and mango chunks, and sometimes ice cubes if I'm feeling like I need some ice cubes. Last I drizzle in just a little agave, unless the bananas are really ripe. I do that mainly because the kids like them a little sweeter, for me I don't care. Then I blend that fucker up, which I find very satisfying. I like the destruction aspect of the smoothie. It seems good for the soul. Anyway, if I'm feeling very special I'll chill a glass because warm smoothie is a little disgusting. Then I drink it self-righteously.

So go forth and make smoothies! Or send smoothie supplies and a brand new Vitamix to my house. KTHXBAI

No comments: