That being said, the next freaky condition on the show was a man with werewolfism. You know, the guy has hair all over, like to the point that he has to brush his shoulders and condition his face. I saw my son watching this very intently, wheels turning, gears grinding. He turned to me and said with the degree of sincerity that can only be achieved by the truly innocent, "Mom, that man is really good at growing hair, and I bet he's very warm!"
That was one of many moments I've had as a mom where you are pulled so hard in two strangely non-opposing but wildly different emotional directions that your brain could actually liquefy. On the one hand, that was fucking hilarious and I really had to stifle because it's tough not to laugh at how hard he worked to come up with a compliment for the fantastically hairy werewolf man. On the other hand, how sweet is that little boy? And how proud am I that he not only listened to a concept that is central to my being, but totally applied it, and hilariously at that?
One of my favorite moments of all time, for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment