Sunday, October 4, 2009

May I Help You?

Is it too much to ask that if I email your company asking questions about gi sizes that you respond, so that I can then give you money for your product? I do not believe it is. I'm in the market for a grappling gi for my new martial arts obsession, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and there are only a few places that make them for women. I want a women's gi because, well, I am one, and also there is less extra fabric in places like shoulders and the crotch. I did not snicker when I wrote crotch. And yesterday when my coach said to do the high crotch as part of a throw, I also did not snicker. Because that is not funny.

Back to the gi. So this company makes specialty gis for women and they come in wild colors like orange, pink, aqua, and girly green. And I want one, but the size chart is all for average people who follow the average height-weight matching scheme. Which I do not. By height I need the biggest size, by weight the smallest. So which do I choose? I do not want a loose grabbable gi, nor do I want a Steve Urkel gi.  So you people at catfightgear better get back to me soon, or I will be ordering the more boring but still functional Atama.

No comments: