So yesterday was a rare day for me, rare because I mostly don't categorize my days into good and bad. They're just days, usually with some component of each. But yesterday, it sucked pretty consistently from start to finish, well except for a few good things. All right, if you added all events together the sum would probably be zero. But still, it felt like a bad day and I scowled for a while about it.
First I had this conversation, the kind where the person tells you some things straight up that you don't necessarily want to hear. I felt like that person sucked. That's not true, though. But I did send poison dart thoughts through the phone.
Then my biochem lab TA went super pissy on me. I asked if she could email out everyone else's lab values for an experiment we were running, because my lab partner and I finished about 1 hr before the end of class. She said very snottily that class was scheduled until 12:50 and we could just wait. Now keep in mind that this is someone with whom I've hung out a bit, and think is very cool. To be fair, she then sighed and apologized because she was having a really shitty day. And also to be fair, she was right but all those douches take so long and it feels like being punished for efficiency. Still it was an encounter that I did not like. It's part of the tally of badness.
Then I had to do a few things that I just did not want to do, like dreading not wanting to do. And I didn't do them as well as I had wanted to. You can just deal with the vagueness here, this is not a blog where I bare my soul. Actually there's pretty much no venue in the world where I do that. The soul, it is not a nudist.
Then I grappled with this guy who clearly thinks that it is very important to pin a 140 lb woman to the mat and hold her there. He muscled me around like crazy, and at one point I thought he was going to tear off my arm. I fucking hate when guys do that--just use strength and weight instead of technique. I ended up telling him that neither of us would get anything out of him demonstrating that he can hold me in one position for five minutes, there's no technique to be had there. Outweighing me by 60 pounds does not make you awesome.
Then I was reminded once again that some people are really self-centered.
Then I my salsa was too spicy.
Then I didn't get to see someone I wanted to see.
That was a pretty bad day. Full of manifestations of evil! Tainted by the nefarious principles of darkness! Drawn to the shadows by harbingers of doom! Spiraling downward in a tight circle of accursedness! Rife with the diabolical!
Well that pretty much cheered me up, going all apeshit on sinister sentence fragments.
2 comments:
Someday . . . we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun . . . oooooh, child, things are gonna get easier . . .
Never anything wrong with going apeshit on nefarious sentence fragments. You rock!
I'm always glad when someone gets a title. And appreciates the use of "nefarious".
I love that you're reading:)
Post a Comment