So we went to a bakery this morning, an Italian bakery known for its huge variety of excellent cookies. We met the ex there so he could hang with the boys for a bit before leaving for a trip. We had taken a number and were waiting in line. I was checking out the cookies, trying to decide which ones I wanted because I love cookies so much that it's important to choose wisely, when I saw in the line of biscotti the anise toast. Now, I do realize that the spice anise is not pronounced the same as the bunghole anus but still if you just go with it that says anus toast. And since my ex is not a native speaker of English and can also be incredibly juvenile, I pointed it out to him through my knee-buckling giggles. He, too, cracked up, maybe even more because to him, it truly was toast of the anus. I moved on to my nine year old son. "Dude, do you want one of those?" I said, pointing. He studied it for just a moment, then turned away smirking and acting embarrassed. "Mo-ommmm!" he said, in what can only be described as a pre-teen tone of voice. I was still laughing. It actually took me a while to stop. And really, I'm not done yet because every time I say anus toast quietly in my head I crack up.
I think my son's new nickname might have to be A.T.
No comments:
Post a Comment