It was Sophie's Choice, physics style.
Insightful insights on living life
About Me
- susan
- I'm an athlete mom of two boys, ready to take on my new life as a single college student. My blog is an outlet for my observations of the world, especially the ones that should be kept to myself.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Strategery
As it turns out I am not done talking about physics. I'm still thinking about the exam, musing on possible score permutations, recalling questions and second guessing myself. Part of my strategy was to skip the first 20 questions, which were one point each, in order to start right in with the 2-point questions (21-60). Then I would go back to the one-pointers, time permitting. Mathematically, it just makes sense, especially since I have pretty much run out of time on every exam all semester (physics only, usually I'm like a blur on tests). It's the first time in my life that the clock is my nemesis. Each tick brings me closer to the brink of Physics Mount Doom. Like today, there were about 3 questions that I felt certain I could solve given more time, but moved on for the sake of actually finishing the exam. I sacrificed the relationship of two capacitive reactances (one with 4x as great a frequency!) on the altar of grade schemology. It was agonizing, leaving those problems behind, knowing that I could probably solve them. For the greater good, I told myself. The greater physics good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment