Monday, October 18, 2010

Whine and Cheese

I generally try to stay away from the whining and complaining. Mainly because I find it unproductive and obnoxious. Also, it sucks. But I'd like to just take a little time here to bitch, because I'm feeling particularly negative about a certain aspect of my life. Keep in mind that I am from Minnesota, so add three quarts of hysteria and general emotional embellishment to the following rant.

Some people, who may or may not be my ex-husband, just have no perspective. And some of those same people, the ones who may or may not be my ex-husband, should really have it. I would think that telling people they have oat-cell carcinoma or raging tuberculosis all day would instill a certain awareness of the fleeting nature of life, but evidently there are those who remain unaffected by their forays into uglier parts of the human condition. Extreme narcissism provides an amazing shield to reality, it seems. And a severe and debilitating tendency to feel persecuted by events that actually just fall into the category of regular old daily living in addition to an inability to ascertain one's own contribution to the turns of the screw.

Another thing that sucks about some people is that they might have these really, truly amazing kids. That are fun and engaging, and generally no problem at all to be around. Who very much want more time with some people, and maybe even might like it if some people attended things like conferences and volleyball games. But! Alas! Other things are more compelling, like going out on a boat for the day, making money, and taking trips. It pains me. They deserve better.

One last thing that sucks about some people is that they are falling apart at the seams and there is very little I can do about it. Some people are never going to change, and probably don't deserve much sympathy. But for the sake of a long and warm association (until it was not, of course) and two of my favorite individuals on earth, I don't think the wisest choice is the best choice. I'll deal.

2 comments:

Kirstin Cronn-Mills said...

Those are hard, hard things. : ( Difficult things to watch. I am sending good vibes.

Just so you know, the word verification word is "draind." I think it knew you might be feeling such. : (

susan said...

Thanks for the vibes. Detaching is key, I think.