Monday, March 29, 2010

Moody Monday

One thing about me is that I don't really have a lot of moods. Like usually, I'm just me. I think it's partly because I don't see things so much as whole days, weeks, or months, but more just as individual moments independent of a categorical bad day, bad week, or bad month. I actually never understood how my ex would assign values to years as they passed (" '08 really blew, but it looks like '09 might be a good one"). Anyway, for some reason I had enough moments today where I felt irritable that I might possibly say that I was kind of in a bad mood. But only for parts of it. I'm not committed enough to maintain that for a whole day.

When I look back on the day I realize that I was irrationally irritable during biochem lab, but I'll vent anyway because I want to. There's this guy in my lab, not my partner thank Zeus, who is jovial. But it's a contrived joviality, like he decided that he would have this certain larger-than-life personality and be distinctive in every room he's in. He does not succeed at this, no, he does not. Instead he is just loud, and smarmy, and a butt head. Today he irritated the living shit out of me, and instead of larger-than-life I thought his personality was smaller-than-dead. He went over to the TA to ask him (obnoxiously and all personality-injected) all about what he did on spring break and I was so incensed that I wished his lab partner would rape his eye socket with a pink dildo. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't have distinctive obnoxious contrived personalities. It's not too much to ask.

Then I was also irritable because I do not like it when someone else's gi smell rubs off onto mine. It's a scent violation and it's not ok with me. I'm fine with other people choosing their own rancidity, but when it is foisted onto me I am no longer just slightly offended, but ready to fight to the death to stuff the fetid stench molecules back into their skin. And I think I could do that with my lightning fast reflexes and crazily robust mind force.

The mood couldn't last though. I had a really good panini for dinner, and sandwiches make me happy.

1 comment:

BJJ CailĂ­n said...

Thumbs up! I totally think it's cool to be annoyed at fake personality guy and definitely be annoyed at smelly gi guy rubbing his stench all over you. But I'm glad to hear you didn't allow their miserableness to ruin your panini.

Love the blog! Keep it coming!

-Jen