Another installment of How Weird Are My Dreams?, even though I still recognize that hearing about other people's dreams is boring and pointless. But this one is just too wild not to share. Actually I'll just write about a small piece of the dream, because my dreams are mostly epic and very involved.
So I was about to start swimming the first leg of a triathlon, but it was indoor in a raised wooden pool. Where there were a bunch of little boys doing gymnastics, until the coach kicked them out for us to swim. Hopped up into the pool, which was not exactly water but more like billowy textiles, and started the swimming. The coach stood up on the edge of the pool and started showing us how to move our arms. "Do Vermeer arms!" she said, demonstrating. So I did Vermeer arms, which made me swim backwards but that seemed ok at the time.
I'm just never sure what to think when I wake up from something like that. Vermeer arms? What the hell would a 17th century Dutch painter have to do with my triathlon swimming in a wooden textiles-not-water pool? And why do the Vermeer arms make you go backwards? There's nothing I can do here but accept that my mind is filled with nooks and crannies that are more like reservoirs of insanity than innocent pockets of random. I do not feel like dream theory applies to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment