Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tropical Paradise

So there have been no new entries for a while, and I know my many followers are suffering from that. But I was in tropical paradise, lounging on the beach. It was a hard choice to make, keep up with the blog or go to tropical paradise, but I took this one for the team, the team meaning me.

While we were in tropical paradise, my younger son discovered mango. One of my favorite things ever is mango with lime squeezed on it, and he jumped right in and pretty much went to town. One night they had Mt. Mango at the buffet and that's all he ate. He counted, in fact. 14 pieces of mango. I was concerned about what that much mango might do to his cute little system, and I was kind of preparing for waking up in the middle of the night with a shitting kid. And it's been a while since I've done that, so I wasn't looking forward to it. Didn't happen, though. He must have guts of steel, impermeable to the fibrous mango fruit.

He did wake up feeling pretty crappy, though. Had a headache and just no pizazz at all. He cried a bit, even, because his little head hurt. I thought maybe he was a bit dehydrated. I got him all juiced up, watered down, and gave him some Advil for his headache. The whole thing was kind of seeming familiar, like a path I'd seen others walk before. It took a bit but then I figured it out.

He had a mangover.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

very cute--have been enjoying every post--you crack me up! Hope things are going well and that your brain does better with physics next time. Kristin

susan said...

Hey, glad you're readng! Your kids are as cute as can be!