One thing about me is that I find certain things relentlessly funny. Some things just never get old, you know? An example of this is my tendency to make a small gang out of whatever is happening around me. Like for instance, if I'm down by the lake, and there are some teens looking shifty near the marina, I would call them the McKinley Five. And then I would crack up, giggling for quite some time. As I am right now just thinking about it. Or if I were in Chicago and some kids ran by with cotton candy and hot dogs, but still looked like maybe there was some mischief involved, I could call them the Ohio Street Four. All numbers work for this but you just have to feel it to see what's right. I mean, you can definitely count the actual number of nefarious individuals but that's not really what it's about. The number matters less than hitting on just the right name of the gang. And it's totally okay for it to be only one person--I've used the Bay View One before with great success. It's all about adding a touch of the sinister to an otherwise pedestrian existence.
This is never not funny to me. Actually it's never even close, it's pretty much guaranteed that I will nearly collapse with laughter every time I make a gang. Which is probably either quirky and endearing or unbelievably annoying. Hard to say which. At any rate I don't care too much because I'm busy laughing about the Milwaukee Three.
No comments:
Post a Comment