Sunday, January 31, 2010

Girly Girl

Well, I'm back from the Grapply, and what a week it was! The sport is amazing, the instructors ruled, the company was fine, and the bonding was bound. I can't say how nice it was to be in the presence of a whole bunch of other women that:

1) Also have muscles. I was not the only one with veiny veins on the pythons. Actually my pythons paled in comparison to others. Abs were more common than not. Though I still believe that, in an ab-off, I could take most on definition. I will cling to that until they pry my cold dead fingers from my still-ripped rigor mortis having abs.

2) Love jiu jitsu. Uncommon sport for women, but we are no less affected by the BJJ passion that infects those who roll. I could actually relive awesome (and more commonly for me, humiliating) jiu jitsu moments and not receive blank stares. In fact, it would often lead to a live re-enactment of the scenario.

3) Hug by submission. It may have happened more than once that affection was shown by rear naked choke, or by a double leg takedown. I really feel that kind of love. It's like a sonnet, but with less blood to your head.

4) Are not afraid to embrace the sick and twisted. Some spectacularly crude moments were had. I feel that  at times we rivaled a phalanx of marines. The amount of pride I feel in that is not small. We had moments that were epic, legion, and probably even awe-inspiring, crassness-wise. I'm just going to say that Two Frogs, One Cup was possibly one of the greatest moments of my life.

It would be name dropping and obnoxious to say a whole bunch about the world-class instructors at the camp, but one thing I liked most of all about them was that they're just regular, albeit incredibly dedicated and talented, nice people. All in all one of the best experiences of my life. More posts to come, mainly about the general hilariousness of girl-specific sports bonding activities (and yes, I participated. Maybe even got a little teary once or twice. That's the nature of the girly bonding, people.).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the process of concocting an elaborate plan to stalk you. It's coming together nicely. It's amazing how awesome you are--and you don't even work at it.

susan said...

Dude. We are simpatico. It is such a rare pleasure to feel the bond of mutual desire for stalking. And also, eponymous.

Lola said...

I think you're both amazing, I have been stalking Val for a while, but am excited to move some things around to stalk you as well. I am however going to have to brush off my thersaurus.

susan said...

Lola, you're a peach. Stalk away--I can't wait to meet up with you again some day!