Friday, January 7, 2011

Hiatus Status

My longest absence yet. I'm sure it was painful for many. I know how the blogosphere awaits my missives and it's been quite a while. I had a semester of wrath and despair, though, culminating in severe burnout. Moving one week before finals was tricky. Post-Halloween was a whirlwind of house fixing, house showing, studying, paper writing, training, chauffeuring, parenting, ex-husband managing, bank closing attending, and various other shit that stormed down upon me. I of course handled it with no freak outs at all, smoothly attending to all responsibilities. That was sarcasm, by the way. At one point my hair actually shot out from my head like porcupine quills combined with scud missiles, due to the high intensity pressure buildup of my life. I even called my mom and cried to her for a while one morning. For those of you who know me, that is telling. I do not generally call people and cry to them. No judgment upon those who do, it's just very out of character for me. I'd generally rather a) deal with shit, not cry about it a whole lot unless it's really sad; or b) if it requires crying, let it rip but on my own in private. So pretty disturbing, the whole end of the semester. Anyway, here I am and I have a break until the end of January whereupon my life resumes at a faster more obnoxious pace than ever. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: